Our Conservative candidate for Mayor of Salford, Karen Garrido, has put forward a nine-point plan that underpins her vision for the City if she is elected Mayor. You can find out more about Karen’s plans on her website but I thought it was worth sharing her nine points in full on this site.
- Lower Council Tax year-on-year, without harming front-line services.
- Declare Salford Open for Business.
- Protect Salford’s green spaces, including greenfield sites.
- A cleaner, greener city.
- Resources for communities to fix their local roads and highways.
- Zero-tolerance on crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Jobs and training opportunities for our young people.
- Fewer Councillors and allowances; greater public access to Local Democracy.
- Greater choice in education and a clear admissions policy
After forty years of Labour stagnation, it’s time for a fresh start – vote Conservative on Thursday 3rd May!