First Bus Manchester have launched a new consultation about bus services in Walkden and the surrounding area, with a particular focus on the 12 and 25 services.
The consultation includes an online survey and a number of drop-in sessions:
- Thursday 13 February from 10:30-12:30: Morrisons Car Park
Armitage Drive, Little Hulton
- Thursday 13 February from 13:00-15:30: Tyldesley Childrens Centre
Poplar Street, Tyldesley
- Monday 17 February from 10:00-13:00: Worsley Library
Worsley Road, Worsley
- Monday 17 February from 14:00-17:00: Walkden Methodist Church
Memorial Road, Walkden
- Tuesday 18 February from 12:00-14:00: Dorset Road Community Centre
Dorset Road, Atherton
- Monday 17 February from 17:00-19:30: Boothstown Community Centre
Standfield Drive, Boothstown
I would strongly encourage local residents to take part in the consultation. Local services – particularly for those living near Walkden Road and in Roe Green – suffered greatly when the 12 service was reduced to hourly, and it is vitally important that the local community makes their voice heard.